The Fruit People are looking for a proactive and ambitions sales professional to become the next Business Development Manager for the company.
The ideal candidate will have 1+ years’ experience in a similar role. You will work to improve The Fruit People’s market position and achieve growth.
The Fruit People are the market leader in providing offices all over Ireland with fresh fruit and healthy snack deliveries. The Irish market is experiencing massive growth in the workplace wellbeing at present. Established in 2013, we are a young company with big ambitions and have experienced over 100% growth year on year. We are now at the stage of building out our sales team. We have a flexible and autonomous working culture and this role offers huge scope for personal and professional development.
As Business Development Manager your primary role is to prospect for new clients and grow The Fruit People’s market share of corporate clients.
· You will grow and retain existing customer accounts by presenting our offering to them.
· You will work closely with the Managing Director and it will be your responsibility to develop the flow of new business coming into the company.
· As the company grows further you will have the opportunity to build out and manage a sales team.
· Full sales cycle responsibility from prospect to close.
· Prospecting through LinkedIn, cold calling, email and face to face meetings.
· Account management of new and existing customers.
· Plan approaches and pitches to new clients.
· Complete or participate in tender applications as required.
· Formulating a strategic business development plan
· Work closely with Managing Director to identify business trends with a view to developing new services and products.
· Work with senior management on developing sales and marketing strategy.
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
· Identify and develop the company’s unique selling points.
· Sales forecasting and reporting.
· The ideal candidate will have 1+ years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the food services or catering industry.
· Previous new business development experience
· While not essential but would be beneficial to have experience selling to Office Managers, Facility Managers, HR mangers and Managing Directors of SME’s
· Prospecting skills, sales planning and identification of customer needs.
· CRM skills
· Degree educated or equivalent is advantageous.
· Full driving licence.