Product Development Manager
Meet and Exceed the growth and profitability goals and ensure that the business remains a market leader. Drive product development activities and decisions that grow our clients position in the market, a thorough customer and application understanding through voice of the customer research.
* Meet regularly with customers, sales teams, technical service, channel partners, specifiers, research and development teams and others to understand customer needs and product requirements
* Perform market research, competitive analysis and business data reporting to understand market and business trends and make informed decisions for current and future product direction.
* Establish product requirements that ensure a strong and clear value proposition for the product by customer segment. Act as the link between customer and internal teams to translate customer needs into product specifications
* Work alongside a high-performance product development team though all product innovation stages to ensure strong competitive differentiation while also meeting time to market expectations.
* Work with the Marketing Team to create and maintain marketing plans, advertising and sales tools
* Collaborate closely with other product managers and share data on overlapping segments
* As required, establish partnerships to compliment the range of products, services and solutions that can be offered to the customer.
* Motivate and provide continuous technical product support to internal and external customers as needed
* Set pricing and general sales policy for the product line(s) to maximize profitability.
* Manage the product life cycle and assist with the communication and expectations setting with customers.
* Select and set priorities for process, price and margin improvement working with the operations & supply chain teams.
* Participate in industry tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science or Marketing as well as 3 – 5 years of Product Marketing experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Must have a passion for product ownership and business development.
* Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of thriving in a team environment.
* Ability to deliver results through exceptional project management skills and natural leadership capabilities.
Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Category Manager, Channel Manager, Business Development, Project Management,