FRS Recruitment is now inviting applications for the role of 'Assistant Retail Manager' on behalf of our client - a leading Agri/Hardware retailer in Munster. This is a full time perm role and would suit candidates with previous retail management experience in some of the following categories: DIY, Building, Hardware, Agri, Gardening, Electronics etc.
Location: Just south of Cork City, Co. Cork
In this role, you will be responsible for sales growth, supervision of staff, maximising the profitability of assigned departments and contributing to the overall continuous improvement of the branch.
Duties & responsibilities
* Proactively support the Store Manager to deliver on agreed objectives.
* Deliver on our commitment to excellence in customer experience.
* Support the efficient and cost-effective delivery of service to maximise sales.
* Control and analyse sales performance for each department against budget so that store targets and Key Performance Indicators are met and exceeded.
* Deliver excellent store standards consistently in line with business requirements.
* Ensure compliance with company policies & procedures; legislative requirements and audit standards.
* Assist in business administration as required, including managing cash, wage costs, budgets and systems.
* Take ownership of any specific areas of activity as assigned by the Store Manager.
* Any other activities as required in order to ensure the successful operation of the store.
* Minimum of 5+ years relevant retail experience, preferably including people management experience.
* A proven track record of delivering an excellent customer experience with an understanding of how this drives sales and affects the bottom line.
* A keen understanding of our business with strong commercial awareness / business acumen.
* A relevant retail management qualification or similar business qualification is beneficial but not essential.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, people management and leadership skills.
* Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative with a solutions-oriented approach.
* Self-motivated and prepared to be flexible when the occasion demands.
* Strong Hardware or Agri product knowledge is preferable for this role.
* Proficient IT skills including MS Office, POS, email etc.
* Competitive salary and bonus, pension contribution and more
Please email your cv through the attached link
FRS Recruitment guarantee 100 % confidentiality at all times.
All applications must be made through FRS Recruitment.