Our client a retail shop with a busy deli and forecourt are seeking to recruit an assistant manager to join their team. Reporting directly to the Retail Manager you will be responsible for:
* Assist the store manager and complete duties at the request of the store manager
* Ensure the shop unit runs efficiently and smoothly.
* Ensure store standards are consistently improved in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation and customer service.
* To actively ensure the Deli is operated in line with HACCP legislation
* To motivate and monitor staff so they are fully competent in their roles, placing an emphasis on the delivery of exceptional customer service
* Manage cash handling in line with company cash handling procedures and take action on any discrepancies that arise.
* Accountable for ensuring consistently high levels of customer service.
* To ensure all customer complaints are dealt with in the appropriate manner.
* Ensure effective stock control systems are in place.
* Ensure in-store promotions are managed appropriately.
* Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and managed within the store.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the below attributes.
* Planning & organising
* Problem solving
* Managing performance
* Excellent operational knowledge of retail environment.
* Excellent interpersonal relations.
* Excellent understanding of consumer needs.
* Proven track record in achieving agreed targets
For full details and to apply in strict confidence, send a CV to Elizabeth in FRS Recruitment Kilkenny via link provided.