Rico Design is part of one of Europes biggest Arts and Craft supply groups employing over 1000 people. It has successfully sold its products in Ireland and Northern Ireland for more than 12 years and most recently enjoyed significant growth in sales. The customer base is in the main independent retail craft/gift businesses but it also sells to larger multiple retailers in both the craft, stationery and gift areas.
The company has an extensive range of products covering the topics of Hand Knitting, Crochet, Needlecraft, Fabric, Craft, Art, Jewellery, Stationery, Party and Home Decor/Lifestyle. In total over 26,000 product lines all carrying the Rico Design label. The company does not wholesale for anyone else priding itself on its in house product design, graphic and marketing teams creating unique hero ranges for its customers.
Working mostly autonomously with the support of the UK Managing Director you will be responsible for the sales of new and existing products, the maintenance and development of business relationships including the acquisition of new customers. You will have a passion for and interest in Arts and Craft either coming from that sector or gift/ hobby B2B retail. Some of the product areas require a high degree of technical knowledge and genuine understanding/interest to sell them successfully. This is a vital part of the relationship and respect you will gain from your customers. The ability to take this knowledge on is critical to the role and your ultimate success.
The position is field based covering the whole of Ireland and Northern Ireland. You will ideally live around the Dublin area. Due to the geographic size of the territory you will have to allow for a number of nights away from home. The position comes with all of the tools needed to do the job including a fully expensed company car. You will be supported by the UK Managing Director who started the business and knows/ is known by the majority of your customer base. You are also supported by a customer service team based in Germany and the field sales team in the UK.
You will also be expected periodically to travel to Germany and UK to represent the company at exhibitions, sales conferences and training.
The position includes a guaranteed salary with open ended commission structure with a realistic OTE of €45,000 but of course there is no limit to this.
• Manage the business and customers
• Grow sales with existing customers
• Create new business by identifying and winning new customer accounts
• Build rapport and long term relationships with customers
• Customer service and problem solving
• A track record of sales in either retail or B2B
• Understanding and passion for Arts and Craft in particular yarn
• Demonstrable you are a winner
• Good communicator and mentally nimble with the ability to handle technically complex sales
• Be familiar and comfortable with IT based order processing and communication tools
• Time management and planning
• Self motivated, self starter
• Outgoing, confident, popular personality
• Ability to work independently
• Team worker
• Not afraid to rise to the challenge and will go the extra mile
• Full driving license (maximum 3 points-none pending)
• A love and active participant/user of Art and Craft products