My client is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join their large manufacturing plant based in North Tipperary.
Carry out Laboratory testing and analysis of products and write up all necessary documentation as required by procedures as set out by the company.
Main Responsibility and duties.
* Ensure all product testing is carried out per required and statutory standards, and records are maintained to appropriate in-house requirements.
* Out of specification results are recorded and actioned to ensure that the QA Manager, Production Manager, is made aware of the non-compliance, trends or problems.
* Verify cleaning using microbiological swabbing
* Carry out Trichinella Testing
* Monitor carcases quality
* Carry out microbiological testing
* Communicate with and report to customer requests for technical information
* Maintain and Update Laboratory Procedures Manual
Laboratory Duties include:
* Ensure daily tasks are completed and results are actioned where required
* Review Results Records Weekly and ensure all records are completed correctly and
* signed off where appropriate
* Generate reports for QA Manager and Veterinary Inspector Weekly
* Compliance with regulatory standards, legislation and liaising with DAFF officials
* Corrective & Preventative Action & Non-Conforming Product Management
* Measuring adherence to Customer Specification
* Implementation and maintenance of HACCP & hygiene requirements
* Review Product and process development
* Management of Sanitation & Cleaning
* Assist in the Management of the Food Safety & Quality Management System
* Compliance with regulatory standards, legislation and liaising with DAFM officials.
* The achievement and maintenance of the BRC standard, the Bord Bia MPQAS and retailer and customer standards in terms of an independent third party factory accreditation.
* Any other tasks as assigned by the Company and the Quality Assurance Manager.
* Promote the benefits of LEAN and act as the expert on site for packaging improvement processes
If you hold suitable experience and would like to hear more about this role please contact Jennifer and apply through the link provided.