Our client is a leading technical services business advising and working with customers in the Pharma/ Biotech industries. Due to exciting and strategic growth, they are hiring a consultative Business Developer to work closely with the CEO to expand its service offering across the Irish Biopharma and Lifesciences market.
The primary function of the role is to drive the next phase of growth, identify clients, cultivate, and develop strong client relationships, and secure successful client contracts.
To support the growth of revenues by fostering and maintaining existing client relationships and by developing opportunities and partnerships with new clients.
• Drive the development of business relationships and support the development of technical
relationships. Educate clients on Quality Services provided in a scalable approach to drive new customer partnerships.
• Drive the growth and shape the client strategy in Ireland and other international regions as required.
• Become an integral part of the organisation, understand both organisational and customer
priorities and expectations.
• Work closely with Technical Managers to develop and present technical solutions to client
• Market map the client base in the assigned regions.
• Cultivate and grow relationships with key decision-makers both internal and external.
• Detailed account management and business planning - ensure business driving activities are in
line with operational and financial targets
• Measure, manage and report on the customer feedback and work with the Senior Management
Team to ensure customer service excellence is delivered consistently.
• Present and attend monthly meetings to feed Commercial activity to SMT
• Be proactive to identify and recommend improvements in policies, procedures, and systems
to ensure Continuous Improvement of processes.
• Ensure compliance with health safety and welfare requirements in line with both policies and procedures and legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Relevant Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Possess a business development/sales background in Biotech, Biopharma, or Lifesciences and can lead tactical and strategic initiatives to help drive revenue growth.
• Previous experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Ability to develop an understanding of both customer & market.
• Proactive, genuinely curious, and detail-oriented.
• Have healthy negotiation skills and business & financial acumen.
• Enjoy working in a global team.
• Self-Starter with time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Available for travel within Ireland and internationally.