We are seeking to appoint a Business Development Coordinator to join its Project Management Office (PMO) for a 6 months to support the successful delivery of its eduroam Everywhere project to extend its wireless service to new locations across Ireland.
A key role in the project is to identify and engage with potential new eduroam Service Providers. A Service Provider could be a Public or Commercial organisation which has Wi-Fi infrastructure e.g. libraries, municipal buildings, coffee shops, shopping centres etc. The purpose of this role is to work as part of the project team to identify and develop opportunities for the eduroam Everywhere project for implementation by the project team.
The successful candidate will have proven track record in Technical sales or Pre-sales in an IT environment with the ability to engage effectively with external stakeholders, clients, vendors. The role will report to the PMO & Services Planning Manager and work closely with other project managers in the PMO as well as external organisations.
We will provide the necessary training and familiarization to understand the eduroam services and its benefits. In addition, we has technical specialists as well as project managers to provide support.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
• Work with the PMO and the business to identify and engage with potential eduroam Service provider leads;
• Advocate for and act as a key advisor on the eduroam Everywhere initiative;
• Convert identified opportunities to active participants in the eduroam Everywhere initiative;
• Build and manage the relationship with new and potential eduroam Service Providers;
• Provide feedback to the PMO and the project team on issues relevant to new or potential service providers;
• Provide accurate and timely management information including activity reports and KPIs;
• Co-ordinate with the relevant Project Managers regarding resource planning for transition to the project delivery phase.
Any other duties within the general requirement of the role which may be required from time to time
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes:
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a sales or pre-sales role in an IT environment;
• A proven track record of excellent communication and interpersonal skills enabling successful collaboration with key stakeholders;
• Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity;
• A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job.
Other Relevant Information:
• Good understanding of ICT technologies and in particular networking and wireless technologies
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.