FRS Recruitment are seeking a Technical Sales Consultant for an industry leading company within the Agri Sector. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to combine engineering and machinery knowledge with agri science in a consultative role.
The Technical Sales Consultant will lead content and strategy projects driving the company brand to the lead of relevant global industry conversations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop technical content linking products to current market trends and studies. The technical sales consultant will work with sales and marketing to provide data, technical writing, and agriculture trends for marketing to build press releases, media content and marketing materials. Provide the link between the functionality of the machines and the evolving demands of the market.
* Support business development in meetings and customer presentations using technical and farm application expertise.
* Regularly brief the innovation and sales team on industry trends, studies and market demands both domestically and internationally.
* Brief the innovation and sales team on competitor’s technical innovations in market
* Coordinate with customers and strategic partners to source and publish internal research studies quantifying the benefits of company machines. Create case studies on machinery through existing and new relationships.
* Continue relationships with UK/Ireland and International agriculture groups positioning company as an innovation and thought leader in the international agriculture industry. Participate in panels and speaking engagements when possible.
* Advise the sales and innovation teams as the slurry management expert on strategic positioning of company in the market, and against competitors.
* Build and maintain a resource library of internal research studies, external slurry studies and other relevant reports that can be used for sales, marketing, and innovation future projects.
* Participate in marketing videos as the technical expert on slurry management building valuable content for dealers and customers. Attend Trade Exhibitions, Seminars, and Conferences
* Discuss Product Enhancements and New Product Development: Test out new products with customers, recording performance, and offer ideas to enhance technical products. Participate in discussions on new product development.
* Develop Technical Materials/Databases: Develop technical documentation related to our product portfolio. This may be required for customers, our marketing team, presentations etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
Dairy science/agricultural science degree with a keen interest in Farm Machinery/Technology
Experience in animal and crop nutrition and soil data
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Some skills required in this role: