DPD Ireland invites applications for the position of Accounts Manager. Reporting to the Head of CRM, you will be responsible for the retention and development of the value and profitability of a designated portfolio of customers through close, proactive account management.
• Developing, for each customer, a sales action plan to achieve your portfolio revenue and contributions targets.
• Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date information on all aspects of the customer’s business via Salesforce.
• Managing the successful handover of new accounts from the Sales and Customer Solutions Team.
• Identifying and developing any additional revenue opportunities open to DPD from your customer portfolio and maintaining an up-to- date pipeline monitor.
• Carrying out an agreed planned cycle of calls to each customer. Each call should have pre-
determined sales and retention objectives and details of all outcomes should be recorded and available for review.
• Identifying and managing resolution of
customer problems to underpin long-term account retention.
• Achieving planned levels of revenue/ contribution improvement through timely rate renewals.
• Providing information and analysis on portfolio to support depot/regional planning process.
• Developing multi-functional and multi-level business relationships within the customers’ organisations.
• Updating Head Office systems with all required information on a daily basis.
• Working closely with customer to maximise use of dpd.ie for tracking, and use of customer portal following future introduction.
• Achieving overall customer retention level rates above 98%.
• Managing the value and integrity of additional business pipeline versus target requirements.
• Assuring customer satisfaction levels as measured by internal and external surveys and feedback.
• Reviewing service performance and analysing volume trends monthly via information generated by the Business Intelligence Department.
• Ensuring all administration is kept up to date.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have 2-3 years‘ experience in a Sales or Key Account Management role.
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines.
• Be a strong communicator who can communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation to achieve results.
• Be able to influence and negotiate with a diverse customer base.
• Be accurate, methodical and organised in managing their work and schedule.
• Have a proactive, can-do attitude, and a flexible approach.
• Be self-motivated; able to work unsupervised.
• Have a 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 21st August 2020