Madison Publications is a leading business-to-business media publisher focusing on the grocery retail, food service and drinks sectors, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Madison Publications was established in 2003 and produces the European Supermarket Magazine (ESM) as well as Hospitality Ireland magazine, and their respective ancillary digital products.
European Supermarket Magazine is the dedicated pan-European magazine for senior executives and category buyers in the grocery retail sector, and is distributed in 33 countries. Hospitality Ireland magazine is Ireland’s leading industry publication for the hospitality, food service and on-trade drinks sector.
We are currently looking for a talented, dynamic Advertising Sales Executive to join our Dublin office sales team. This role is perfect for an individual who has excellent sales skills and is eager to work on a market leading product in a company where success is truly rewarded, in a role that allows you to leverage your creative and entrepreneurial zeal.
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling advertising solutions to businesses for both our print and related digital products, and have excellent communications skills to create, develop, and enhance their own roster of advertising sales accounts.
When applying for the role please indicate your knowledge and skills level with Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator and PointDrive.
If you have a real passion for sales and believe you have the skills and attributes to be an ideal candidate for this role, we would like to hear from you! Get in touch with us by sending a cover letter and your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
· Generating new print and digital advertising sales for Madison Publication’s titles.
· Connecting with potential customers both face to face, over the phone and through social selling to foster relationships to create and grow your own slate of accounts.
· High level of productivity in making phone calls to potential customers.
· Attending trade shows in Ireland / abroad to introduce our product solutions to exhibiting companies.
· Managing client relationships to build sales and maximise revenue opportunities.
· Creating tailored, strategic marketing campaigns across all our platforms for some of Ireland and Europe’s leading businesses, to meet the client’s objectives.
· Presenting these campaign solutions directly to senior management at a CEO, Marketing Director and Brand Manager level.
· Executing campaigns from beginning to end: timely and accurate initial set up, receiving creative from the client and any revisions, coordinating the campaign schedule, monitoring status and delivery, and liaising with the Accounting department to ensure prompt payment.
· Working to achieve individual KPIs and sales goals, and exceed client expectations.
· Working to the company's processes, policies and standards, and organising your own workload.
Skills & Attributes:
· Friendly, outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with people and building relationships.
· A real passion for sales, with an entrepreneurial streak.
· Strong customer service focus and can-do attitude.
· Outstanding sales skills and an ability to think on your feet.
· Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and a good listener.
· Highly organised, self-motivated, competitive and goal-orientated.
· Good time management skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
· Demonstrated ability to create, develop, and enhance client relationships.
· The ability to resolve any issues in a timely and productive manner.
· The ability to take rejection, but stay tenacious.
· An interest in and good knowledge of the various Social Media platforms, Digital Media and Social Selling.
· Excellent written and spoken English.
· Experience using software such as Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and PointDrive would be an advantage.
· Additional languages would be a distinct advantage (in particular German).
· Knowledge of the FMCG, grocery, retail, and / or hospitality sectors and an interest in business would be beneficial.
· Ability to travel domestically or internationally for trade shows, if required.