Our client is looking to hire a Business Development Manager (Ireland & UK) to join a growing business within the food industry.
• To identify and develop new business accounts which will deliver profitable, sustainable growth in line with the companys capabilities.
• Having an entrepreneurial approach bringing clarity and vision to the table, by communicating clearly the customer's requirements to all of the relevant cross functions within the business.
Responsible Sales Remit:
Primary focus to include:
1. The development of new business accounts within Ireland & UK, to exhaust all potential opportunities.
2. To manage the current established UK accounts by enhancing the growth of our current customer UK accounts.
3. Manage account activities within Ireland & UK when applicable, and to identify new opportunities and expand our account portfolio in line with our business capabilities.
Reporting to: Head of Commercial, Technical & R&D
• To identify new direct business opportunities within the categories listed above and manage their activity ensuring delivery of sustained growth and profitability.
• To conduct market research identifying new opportunities and present to the management team at sales meetings, proposals for new business development.
• Present the Head of Commercial with a weekly report on progress using the template provided and ensuring there is regular communication on any changes or updates as required.
• Demonstrate clear evidence of KPI management in respect of your agreed KPI targets.
• To ensure all new potential sales opportunities with new customers are credit control validated first before any engagement, all costing are positively released by the Financial Controller and Head of Commercial at all times.
• To manage price increases as required through close consultation with the Procurement Manager, Financial Controller and Head of Commercial.
• Be familiar with research in identifying consumer needs and behaviours in the ingredients landscape.
• To act as the link communicator between the customer and the R&D , and other Technical support functions within the business.
• To represent and promote our client at trade shows such as the F.I.E when required.
• To manage any product delists with all of the relevant cross functions internally and external customer, ensuring all costs are managed in a diligent manner with no exposures.
• To manage and coordinate product development activities relating to your business development activities, promoting and providing technical updates to both new and existing customers, through technical workshop activities when applicable.
• To present technical reports on all new product development launchs when applicable and to generate reports on product development updates to all relevant management and customer contacts.
• To manage costs when travelling , ensuring all costs are kept within acceptable limits , having a good understanding of support from grant funding and government agencies to assist in managing overall costs related to the job function.
• Experience in the Food Industry, ingredients experience, technical experience would be preferable.
• Commercial experience in developing new accounts