Dimensions of the role:
* The Quality Project Analyst (QPA), is responsible for providing a suite of laboratory analysis to the project team
* The role supports all aspects of the Quality Agenda on site, including projects and new analytic test development.
* It will interact closely with the production team members across the whole of the brewery operation.
* QPA reports directly to the Quality Manager and liaises with the production teams.
Purpose of the role:
* Provide accurate and repeatable analytical data to the brewing teams in a timely manner.
* Understand the relevance of analysis at each stage of the brewing process and report relevant out of spec results to the brewing shift manager.
* Analyse trends in laboratory instrument performance and troubleshoot deviations to diagnose the root cause.
* Provide technical input and coaching to the production teams when issues arise.
* Support all aspects of the quality agenda on site, including projects and new analytical test development.
* Coordinate samples for external analysis, ensuring samples are managed and results are recorded including monthly samples
* Carry out viscosity analysis
* Running a weekly Bud report, inserting data and publishing
* Site wide sampling - particularly relating to BBA sampling
* Deliver accurate analytical data in a timely manner
* Maintain and calibrate instruments for analysis
* Ensure that the quality sample plans are delivered
* Carry out aseptic sampling across the site
* Preparation of analytical reagents and micro media necessary for performing analyses
* Utilise safe systems of working and own risk assessment of processes in the Laboratory
* Manage achievement of own training and development needs
* Support the development and implementation of the Quality & Food Safety Strategy on site
Qualifications and Experience required:
* A science degree in a relevant science subject
* An IBD brewing qualification is desirable
* Knowledge of statistical techniques, including SPC
* Strong problem evaluation and solving skills
* Strong organisational ability with good attention to detail
* Able to contribute to the effective working of the team
Barriers to success in the role:
* Not technically competent
* Inability to prioritise work
* Lack of initiative
* Does not live by the companies values and does not lead by example
* Inability to build strong relationships internally and externally
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.