Steel Department Manager
With operational areas across Europe and primary bases in Ireland, the UK, Belgium and Poland, The Chadwicks Group has a strong portfolio of businesses and brands. In Ireland, the Group is the No.1 builder’s merchants and DIY retailer.
The Chadwicks Group has developed strong regional and national market positions in builders merchanting, DIY retailing and mortar manufacturing in Ireland. The Group's portfolio of businesses incorporates a number of market leading brands in each business activity.
They are now looking for a Steel Department Manager to join them in Limerick and support the success of their branch in Ballysimon.
- Salary of €38,000 per annum
- Company car
- Company phone
- 5% contributory company pension
- 21 days’ annual leave (increasing with service)
- Healthcare discount
- Access to staff and group scheme discounts
- Access to the share scheme after two years’ service
- Continuous training and development, including a two day induction at Head Office
If you have a background in the steel or building materials industry, this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with a company that invests in their employees.
Within a fast-paced and engaging environment, you’ll have the chance to increase your leadership skills and help drive the company’s ongoing success.
As the Steel Department Manager, you will oversee all aspects of the Steel Department at your branch.
In this varied role, you’ll drive sales of all products, develop new business and provide a first-class service to customers.
Specifically, you will:
- Train employees and motivate them to perform to the best of their ability
- Support the development and implementation of the strategic and business plans
- Maintain stock levels
- Ensure that Health & Safety regulations are adhered to
To be considered as the Steel Department Manager, you’ll need:
- Substantial experience within the steel or building materials industry
- H&S compliance experience
- Strong commercial and strategic acumen
- The ability to reach and exceed sales targets
Ideally, you will have people management experience, but this is not essential.
Other companies may call this role Builder’s Merchant Manager, Store Department Manager, Retail Department Manager, Building Store Manager, or DIY Retail Manager.
Webrecruit Ireland and The Chadwicks Group are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Steel Department Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.