The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company. This candidate will be focused and have strong communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
• Develop and maintain a BD pipeline
• Incremental business development leading to incremental team build.
• Procure, calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly within the defined company format.
• Conduct daily calls to arrange meetings with potential accounts to prospect for new business.
• Ensure a smooth transition of new business using agreed best practice.
• Meet BD objectives as predefined by Head of Commercial department.
• Liaise closely with Operations Management and Directors at the relevant time and establish a close working relationship.
• Report on relevant KPI’s as outlined by department head.
• Develop the business, goals and objectives in line with global strategy
• Increase market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities
• Delivering sales by developing relationships with customers – new and existing.
• Define BD objectives according to the company budget. X 3 times costs. (Sales minus costs of sales = Gross margin)
• Ensure achievement of gross margin objective per clients for all modes of transport.
• Ensure that clients are satisfied with the service level and feedback to operations.
• Identify business opportunities in target markets.
• Propose to Head of Commercial corrective planes where necessary.
• Reporting in line with local and global rules
• Support in the production annual BD budget
• Ensuring the BD plan is implemented to achieve the turnover and gross margin objective
• Ensure the BD structure is appropriate to achieve business objectives
• Develop strategies and tactics to deliver the BD plan
• Ensure up to date reporting to the Head of commercial team on pipeline activity and call report activity along with other relevant KPI’s.
• Think critically when planning to assure project success
• 3 - 4 years' prior industry related business development experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
• Focused and goal-oriented
• Excellent business development and negotiation skills
• Effective customer service skills
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong management skills coupled with an ability to drive and implement changes.
• The ability to work calmly under pressure
• Good IT, budget and report writing skills
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Byrne at email@example.com or 01 6621000