An excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial to contribute to the growth and success, as they drive to become Ireland and the UK’s top provider of security and data protection services. The person will take responsibility for the company’s top line, leading up sales team, identifying and acquiring new clients. They will also contribute to the retention and development of the existing client portfolio when necessary.
- Researching, planning and implementing the company’s business development strategy
- Putting the structures, processes and resources in place to achieve challenging commercial targets and KPI’s
- Managing the sales team and ensuring the company is delivering against the commercial targets
- Responsible for researching the market to develop leads, which you will then be responsible for qualifying and converting to active accounts. Generate leads from both agency and other referrers, as well as direct with end clients.
- Develop and deliver strong custom presentations and proposals to meet client’s needs and expectations and deliver successful outcomes.
- Develop strong relationships and creative solutions that will deliver against demanding client’s objectives and help retain and grow accounts and customer satisfaction.
- Successfully work with internal stakeholders to provide key information and snapshots to assist the business development conversion process and to develop solutions and proposals, which will include, costings, timeframes, key milestones and requirements from the client.
- Keep a pace of trends in the industry across infrastructure, cyber-security, cloud services, etc. Stay on top of new market developments, agency landscape and competitor offerings.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely administration and documentation on all accounts, contacts and opportunities (in our CRM system).
- Provision of frequent pipeline reports and sales forecasts and analysis.
- Frequent and active participation in sales and marketing meetings with meaningful contribution to idea generation and growth and improvement initiatives.
- Identify networks and associations that will help feed the business development funnel. Frequent and active participation in selected networks to drive the opportunities.
Critical Skills and Qualities Required
- Strategic thinking
- Emotionally intelligent and good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Managing People – putting the correct resources in place, hiring team members and performance management
- Implementing sales structures and processes
- Solid sales experience with a proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
- Possess a strong understanding of the sales process from conception to completion.
- Commercially focused individual who thrives on a challenge.
- Be highly customer-focused with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels.
- Excellent negotiation skills with strong ability to close sales.
- Strong administration and documentation skills with prior experience working with CRM systems.
- A self-starter with the ability to plan and work on own initiative and take ownership of targets. A can-do attitude and the ability to flex and go the extra mile for customers.
- Strong analytical skills, which will be utilised to identify opportunities and present business cases.
- Reliable, professional and organized individual with an honest approach.
- Dedicated to continuous development.
- Must have full clean driving license and own transport.
- Third level Degree in relevant discipline preferred.
- Sales experience and strong network in the manufacturing
Please contact Mark Byrne on 01 6621000 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.