Operations & Activities
- Freight Forwarding Operations & Key Accounts
- Compiling, agreeing & managing freight forwarding clients and business plans where appropriate.
- Ensuring operational plans are developed and implemented to ensure achievement of freight forwarding business objectives.
- Ensuring that air/road/sea freight SLAs are met.
- Smooth operational running of operations freight forwarding Clients, to include air, road, short sea and deep sea activities.
- Supplier relationships to ensure that SLAs are achieved that service is maintained at the levels agreed within contracts.
- Defining, compiling & analysing agreed KPI information to ensure optimal efficiency & performance.
- Producing statistical information relating clients
- Reviewing & monitoring internal processes to ensure optimum efficiencies.
- Ensuring that operational plans are developed and implemented in line with business objectives
- Developing close relationships with clients through regular communication and meetings, developing and maintaining confidence and encouraging loyalty.
- Reviewing & analysing contract performance with customers, recommending & initiating improvement plans where appropriate.
- Ensuring that customers are kept fully informed about issues that affect contract performance.
- Design and presentation of appropriate client KPI’s.
- Identifying, developing and pursuing organic business growth opportunities with current clients.
- Prep of consignment paperwork
- Ensuring all jobs comply with audit record requirements.
- Source, compilation and presentation of air/sea/road freight rates and quotations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients, suppliers, sales team, management and team.
Level of Experience
- Experience within logistics sector with substantial experience operating in a team environment.
- Experience in fast paced operations environment, objective setting, including the establishment and monitoring of SLA’s/KPI’s.
- Experience of working with key clients
- Experience of working in a health and safety focused environment.
- Data Freight / SAP desirable / Transport TMS or customer portal experience.
- Proven ability in team focused skills coupled with an ability to drive and implement change.
- Strong IT literacy including a strong understanding of maximising the effective utilisation of technology.
- Analytical – able to analyse and extract data, developing and input key data.
If you are interested in this role contact Mark Byrne on 01 6621000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org