Galway 2020 have created a new role of Development Manager, who will be responsible managing relationships with sponsors /funders and for delivering high-quality sponsor and funder benefits. You will liaise with internal departments to ensure sponsor brand visibility across digital and print media.
The role of Development Manager will support the Head of Development to develop initiatives related to corporate partnerships, including corporate social responsibility, employee engagement and other activations.
* Responsible for the day to day management of partnership relationships with business and Galway 2020 suppliers.
* Work with the Community Engagement and Volunteer teams to offer and facilitate relevant sponsor volunteering opportunities.
* Work with the Marketing and Communications teams to ensure sponsor brands are correctly acknowledged/represented in digital and print media and collateral.
* Ensure regular communication with sponsors throughout the duration of the programme, providing them with tailored evaluation reports.
* Support the Development team with specific funder requirements at cultivation and fundraising events.
* Manage key operational sponsor benefits, including ticket allocation, group bookings, corporate volunteering opportunities, artist talks, sponsors dinners and events.
* Work with the Head of Development to implement the strategic plan to raise income from business for Galway 2020 and its legacy
* Own agreed income targets within the strategy and deliver against them
* Create a comprehensive prospect list of potential sponsors
* Prepare fundraising proposals to a high standard
* Develop partnerships with key suppliers and manufacturers to provide value-in-kind to Galway 2020
* Manage ongoing relationships with businesses, including regular meetings and the preparation and submission of funding and evaluation reports
* Monitor and report against agreed fundraising targets
* Represent Galway 2020 at external events/conferences and act as an ambassador for Galway 2020, protecting and promoting its reputation
* Plan and help organise events to cultivate and maintain relationships with partners
* Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Head of Development
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Excellent communication, relationship management and project management skills.
* Ability to work across teams and organisations to lead business partnership activity.
* Of graduate calibre and with a minimum three years' experience of working in a commercial environment.
* Well established network of active corporates and supporters within the arts and cultural sector, ideally in Galway
* Ability to represent the organisation effectively to senior decision makers and high-profile individuals
* Knowledge of fundraising in the corporate sector
* Excellent account management skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with a portfolio of corporate and individual clients at all partnership levels
* Project management skills, including ability to deliver to multiple priorities whilst retaining a thorough attention to detail
* Experience and ability to lead on fundraising events, special events planning and management
* To be literate and proficient in IT skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Able to work evening and weekend hours as required.
Application is by CV and covering letter. Applicants should set out within the covering letter how their experience and skills match requirements in the person specification within this document