PR & Communications Manager : National Voluntary Organisation
As PR & Communications Manager you will deliver on key strategic communications priorities, manage the communication of the messages, the image and the reputation to key stakeholders across government, media, members and others.
* Develop, refine and implement PR Strategy aligned to our existing strategic plan.
* Lead the development, writing and distribution of key publications from press releases, articles, reports and several publications.
* Prepare, collate, edit and disseminate publications from weekly e-newsletters, national press, brochures, annual yearbook, and direct mail campaigns.
* Initiate, lead and create contemporary messaging & content through multi-media including social media, video, etc.
* Develop & maintain excellent working relationships with the media and national and regional level across online, print, radio and television.
* Manage key relationships with sponsors and supports.
* Identify opportunities to broaden the appeal of the organisation.
* Maintain and update online environments from web to social media.
* Provide communications training to staff and volunteers that enhances the image and reputation at a regional and national level.
* Articulate the key marketing and promotional messages focussed on new member attraction.
Requirements of the PR & Communications Manager role
* A qualification in communications, journalism or public relations with at least three years post qualification experience.
* Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to lead and deliver strategic priorities.
* An excellent understanding of social media, with a particular emphasis on youth focused social media.
* Familiarity with other communications software/resources is an advantage.
* An interest in young people, rural Ireland or agriculture is an advantage.
* Ability to lead and manage a team is desirable.
* A background and network in media & communications is a distinct advantage.
* A Full Clean Driving License is essential as this role will involve travel