As Sales Executive for the Meeting and Events team you will take responsibility for driving the Meeting and Events business, generating new clients and converting business for the Hotels.
This is a busy and varied role with a mixture of administration duties, sales and co-ordinating events with clients. You are the key contact between the hotels and the clients and it is your job to ensure that the operational team can deliver to the customers required specifications.
What we are looking for -
- You will need to be a strong communicator as this role involved talking with clients on the phone, meeting them face to face in the hotels to run through their requirements and help them to visualise their event and making sure the Operations team are fully aware of the customer needs and what they need to deliver.
- You will spend time converting enquiries into sales, as well as seeking out new business opportunities.
- You need to have a high level of attention to detail - not just to get the spec for the event right, but also to ensure that the contract is correct - a key responsibility for this role.
- You will need to be an energetic and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with people - whether that's the client looking to book the hotel for an event, the internal Meeting & Events team, Sales team or the Operations team in the hotel who need to deliver on your promises.
- You definitely need resilience for this role, not every enquiry will turn into a sale and when you have targets to meet you have to dig deep and get on with it!
What we provide -
The role is based in Hospitality House, just off Merrion Square where we have a team of approx. 50 people working to support the hotels across all areas- Finance, Marketing, Sales, IT, HR, Purchasing, Reservations. We provide you with a free lunch every day, have a decent coffee machine and have regular fun events with Pizza, Donuts or a night at Bingo Loco - you will work hard but we like to play hard too! We also give you free access to the Gym at the Mont - a great way to keep fit and save money!
We are looking for a determined and enthusiastic self-starter - someone who really wants the opportunity to develop a career path and will be proud to work for our unique hotels. We want someone who cares about the customer and their colleagues - always striving to do their very best. And we need someone who takes accountability for getting the job done. And we will give you lots of opportunities, it's a busy business and you will learn every day. We run regular training activities and will support you with your career development - if that's what you desire .
If you are interested please get in touch and tell us more about why you would be the right fit for this role.