We are recruiting a Full Time Counter Sales Assistant for a busy Builders Providers & DIY Store in North County Kildare.
The Counter Sales Assistant will be responsible for providing customers with a knowledgeable, high quality and friendly service whilst optimising sales of building, plumbing and DIY products.
* You will be required to offer advice, information, quotations, and solutions to any queries customers may have both in person and on the telephone, using your initiative to identify new sales opportunities.
* Build effective working relationships with customers in order to understand their individual requirements and supply them with the best products.
* Monitor customer orders and deliveries
* Ensure that company policies are always followed when producing paperwork associated with sales
* Monitor quotes won / lost
* Liaise with suppliers where necessary
* Responsible for the re-order of selected product lines within your department
* Any other reasonable duties which may arise
* Must be flexible and available to work 5 days per week (including Saturdays).
* Excellent organisation and attention to detail
* Previous customer facing experience in Hardware/DIY environment.
* Must be an enthusiastic individual with a drive for selling, motivated with a strong customer focus.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* IT literacy and POS experience
* Trade sales experience selling building / plumbing / DIY materials
* A proven track record of achieving and exceeding both sales and margin targets
A competitive base salary and bonus are available to the successful candidate.
Please apply by emailing your CV through this job site