Your new company…
At Energia we are already working for you every day. How? As one of Ireland’s leading energy providers, we generate and supply energy to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses across the country. Chances are, when you flick the switch we’ve had something to do with the lights coming on.
As you can imagine, powering our customers takes a pretty big team of people who are as powerful and energetic as the electricity we supply. Our industry is in a constant state of change and we need exceptional people like you to help us deliver the future of energy. So… are you ready to switch on your career with Ireland’s leading energy provider?
What we offer…
Joining us on a permanent basis, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus an attractive bonus structure. With a market leading benefits package including up to 30 days leave a year, generous company pension scheme, private healthcare for all the family, access to Learning and Development opportunities, Wellbeing Programme, Subsidised Gym Membership and free onsite car parking!
Your new role…
Reporting to the SME Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating energy supply contracts with SME customers. The role will have a key focus in the areas of acquisition, retention and churn.
The key responsibilities are listed but not limited to the below:
- To negotiate energy supply contracts with various size energy users proactively driving sales, achieving monthly, quarterly and annual targets and KPI’s.
- Responding to Tenders with a focus on new acquisition & retention of existing customers.
- Defend and proactively grow revenue base in current account portfolio in line with customer retention targets.
- To provide account management support to customers on commercial issues including contracts, market information, energy services and billing issues.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships including maintaining customer contact details & profiles adhering to GDPR and regulatory processes. Preparation of sales reports for management using Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ensuring all late payments are kept to a minimum and managing any debt issues.
- Liaise with other departments (such as Marketing, Group IT, Energy Services and Customer Relations) to support sales performance improvements.
- Create and participate in PR opportunities with our marketing team.
- Ad hoc project work as required from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven sales experience in a sales related industry with a track record of delivering targets or KPIs.
- Direct customer service experience in a sales related environment demonstrating effective customer relationship management.
- Experience of assisting with tenders and quotations.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have full clean driving licence
- Knowledge of the Energy industry or proven ability to learn quickly.
- Third level degree in Business, Sales or similar.
- Excellent IT and administration skills including experience of using Salesforce.
- Experience of working in a sales team and of team management.
Drive for Results
Judgement & Decision Making
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards and work deadlines. The individual must have a forward thinking approach and be able to work independently.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “VKAMSMEROI” in the subject header. Your application should clearly show how you meet the criteria for this role. All correspondence will be communicated via email. A reserve list may be held for 6 months in which you will be placed if you are suitable for the role. The closing date for applications is 12 th April 2019