We are recruiting for a Buyer with experience in sales & procurement role for our client in Co Meath. They are an award-winning Fresh Produce Company.
Job Title: Fresh Produce Trader
The successful candidate will be responsible for building relations with new and existing suppliers & customers, with the goal of expanding sales and market share in the Fresh Produce section of their business.
You will be responsible for optimising sales through negotiation, analysis, planning and people management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop, negotiate and execute contracts/agreements with suppliers.
• Manage relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure adherence to quality, level of service and price competitiveness.
• Work as an integral part of the Sales and Procurement team to review pricing, budgeting etc. to ensure delivery of quality products to our customers.
• Maintain and expand sales of existing customers based on specific targets and identify new sales opportunities with prospective new customers.
• Managing the supply of materials through effective planning/ forecasting.
• Prepare & execute presentations for prospective customers
• Monitor stock and source required product to ensure continuity of supply.
• Prepare reports on Purchasing activities for Management
• General administration associated with purchasing as required
• Respond to and resolve queries daily from stores and suppliers efficiently
• Ad-hoc duties as directed by Management
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business or supply chain related discipline
• 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
• ERP experience is a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures
• Experience in the implementation, development and execution of business, planning, purchasing and controls systems
• Knowledge of / experience in the FMCG Sector would be an advantage
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent Communicator: verbal and written
• Strong organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint)
Send CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for more information