The Park Academy Childcare are currently recruiting for a qualified Sales Manager to cover maternity leave on a twelve-month contract.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for the achievement of sales targets set, aiming for maximum profitability at minimum cost and ensuring growth in line with our Company vision and values.
The role of Sales Manager is an integral part of the Company’s Sales and Marketing team.
The Manager needs to forge very strong working relationships upwards with Senior Management, laterally with Department Heads and with the Creche Management team.
The Sales Manager will report to the General Manager and Company Directors.
- To respond to incoming email and phone enquiries, make accurate, rapid cost calculations and provide parents with quotations.
- To generate revenue and increase the average conversion rate of viewing to booking
- To negotiate crèche fees whilst maintaining the price integrity of the Company; this is crucial in both retaining existing parent and acquiring new parents.
- To maintain and develop relationships with new and existing parents in person, via telephone calls and emails.
- To manage internal sales training along with coaching and mentoring the sales team and Creche Managers in sales performance and techniques.
- To develop new revenue lines within the company and to monitor and identify trends within the industry to identify potential business opportunities.
- To remain up to date at all times on the status of enquiries and all relevant sales figures. To promptly bring to the attention of the General Manager or Directors of any concerning drop in revenue and likewise to promote and celebrate increases on your own initiative.
- To create a three-month rolling forecast and ensure that all Department Heads, Creche Managers and Senior team are aware of upcoming trends.
- To be familiar with all Creche properties, facilities, USPs of each and services provided in order to confidently and proudly sell our high standard of care.
- To play an active role in the development, implementation and reporting on promotional campaigns.
- To determine and liaise with crèche managers on availability within each crèche.
- To produce sales reports and analysis with a high level of accuracy, to provide same to internal divisions and to communicate results and statistics in a clear and factual manner.
- To conduct market research for new sales activity.
- To be pro-active in the long-term sales and marketing plan and marketing objectives.
- To gain a clear understanding of parents' requirements.
- To identify and highlight the crèches’ current capacity on a monthly basis in conjunction with the Creche Managers.
- To build effective communications with all Creche Managers and to understand training and development needs in relation to sales and to provide insight for the improvement of Creche Managers’ sales performance.
- To have a strong working knowledge of our CRM system and the PIP Portal, for childcare funding. To ensure the CRM system is accurately kept up to date. Full training of these systems will be provided.
- To ensure all sales policies and procedures are adhered to and all paperwork is processed correctly and smoothly.
- To confidently represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- To adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- To effectively manage the sales team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic and positive outlook as well as an excellent eye for detail
- Maintain a friendly phone manner especially when under pressure
- An excellent grasp of the English language, communicating verbally and in writing to a very high and exacting standard.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and identify and implement ways to ensure the smooth running of the Department
- Discretion and professionalism in all aspects of their work
- Must be very confident in dealing with figures (Fee calculation is part of this role).
- Knowledge of the childcare sector is an advantage but not a requirement
- Must be proficient in Microsoft systems and have a strong ability to learn new software systems