Our client is a major provider of parts/machinery/services to all mechanical equipment
This is a field based role covering the Irish market selling engine/parts across the Business Unit through regular customer contact with new, existing, and lapsed customers. We are a market leader in the supply of engine/construction/machinery parts in Ireland.
Major Job Functions
- Build positive relationships with new and lapsed customers to meet or exceed annual parts sales targets whilst achieving required profitability. Develop cash sales and new accounts into regular customers.
- Effectively maintain call cycles through high mobility, planning and scheduling your days/weeks ahead.
- Maintain accurate database of account details and engine population as well as record, manage and report on opportunities and sales using our Sales Tracker.
- Prompt and accurate preparation of parts and service quotations when necessary and followed up to sale conclusion.
- Utilise promotional packages from marketing to drive sales growth and convert leads generated by the Inside Sales team.
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve.
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need – new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences.
- Drives Results: Creating a culture where organisational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for the business.
- Courage: Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of your region. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Taking action in the best interests of the customer and company.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Professional manner is a must. Good PC skills essential and ability to learn new systems.
Full clean drivers licence as company car will be provided.
Provide a speedy resolution of customer complaints and disputes. Achieve growth in Parts sales revenue and margin in line with targets. Call plan developed for customer base and prospect/cash accounts. Disputes resolved quickly and effectively. Timely monthly report and forecast submitted. Sales Tracker database kept accurate and regularly maintained. Accuracy of quotations and sales transacted. Annual sales revenue in line with target and budget set.
Education and Experience
Previous experience in area sales and a good knowledge of parts and services in this industry is crucial to your success. Perkins engines/parts knowledge is preferred.