Dublin (office/field based, covering Dublin)
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Grafton Merchanting ROI is a significant player in the builder’s merchanting industry and a leader in Ireland and the UK.
Within Ireland, they also operate a number of other brands that support various trade sectors. As such, they are now seeking a Sales Representative to join Drainage Systems Dublin, Ireland’s largest supplier of drainage and pressure pipe systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proven construction industry sales professional to advance their career with an outstanding company that forms part of an international group.
Grafton Group knows that the key to success is the people they have on their team. As such, they are focused on developing, rewarding and enabling each and every colleague to ensure they fulfil their potential.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge, love the thrill of sales and want more from your career, this is the role for you.
As a Sales Representative, you will be tasked with generating sales and managing customer relationships to maximise business opportunities within the construction industry for Drainage Systems’ solutions.
You’ll manage construction-related activity for key customers and aim to achieve company objectives and develop enhanced revenue streams.
Reporting to the Sales and Division Director, you will:
- Engage with existing account and build relationships with new contractors
- Seek to gain maximum market share from your accounts
- Promote the company’ building materials and services
- Regularly visit customers
- Prepare account plans to meet sales targets and maintain relationships
- Take responsibility for the commercial management of projects
Interested? If so, you will need:
- At least two years’ proven building materials sales experience within the construction industry including experience in similar role with a builders merchant, construction-related company and/or B2B selling in the construction industry
- Knowledge of all building material products, existing and upcoming products
- Proven experience of dealing with contractors and specifiers
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
A strong team player and networker, as a Sales Representative, you will also need to be able to effectively prioritise your workload and demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Strong commercial awareness and numeracy will be key, as will the flexibility and willingness to learn.
Knowledge of civils/drainage systems would be beneficial to your application.
To apply for the role of Sales Representative, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Sales Representative, Sales Rep, Construction Sales Rep, Field Sales Rep, Area Sales Rep, Territory Sales Rep, Construction Sales Executive, Engineering Sales Rep, Building Products Sales Rep, Builders Merchants Sales Rep.