Overall purpose of role:
Supporting branch and external sales teams in providing an efficient sales and estimating service for heating & plumbing products to key customers, whilst driving sales and profitability for the business.
- Provide support to Branch Managers and Business Development Managers, ensuring that project quotations are produced to an agreed standard and format.
- Prepare and submit professionally prepared quotations within an agreed timescale, always ensuring quality and accuracy is maintained
- Document and record all enquiries ensuring a project pipeline is maintained and up to date.
- Daily contact with Customers and Business Development Managers, converting quotations to sales.
- Share leads with Business Development Managers across all brands and product groups.
- Use sales and CRM systems to evaluate performance and returns whilst tracking ongoing pipeline.
- Liaise with and assist the Product Management Team by providing regular feedback on products and pricing.
- Regularly review market pricing and margins achieved.
- Identify margin opportunities.
- Keep regular contact and negotiations with suppliers.
- Adhere to all health & safety procedures
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management that are within your capability to perform.
Please note that the above list is not intended to capture every detail of your role but the main areas of responsibility.
The successful candidate must have;
- Minimum of 2 years recent relevant experience
- Have experience in relation to interpretation of initial enquiries, specification standards, value engineering of quotes, alternatives selection and relationship building with Contractors.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and in particular Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate that he/she is customer focused and results/target driven.
- Full valid driver’s license.