To lead, manage and motivate a team of sales professionals within the FMCG sector
and to achieve planned target sales for a range of the Company’s products and
To co-ordinate business development activity in the Company’s area in order to
promote business growth for the future through expanding the customer base and
helping to develop new sales plans to meet changing customer needs.
Develop, agree with and implement a 1-year sales and marketing plan for the sector
to include targets for volume, profitability, quality and new business. Manage the
implementation of this plan. Set appropriate objectives and targets for each team
member in order to achieve the overall plan, monitor performance against objectives
and take appropriate action to ensure the plan is achieved.
Constantly review the company’s potential within the region and identify relevant
companies to target. Co-ordinate the team’s business development activity in the
area to maximise potential new business and to pass on recommendations and
suggestions for profitable new or revised products to meet customer needs.
Develop and maintain good contacts with key customers/intermediaries and develop
suitable packages for them in consultation with management. Establish direct
relationships with specified large corporate customers and achieve levels of business
from them as set out in sales and marketing plan.
Form strong working relationships with your customers, thoroughly planning and preparing for any meetings, and agreeing JBP’s that fall in-line with the company’s Sales & Marketing strategy
Analysis of sales to drive category insight and allow effective forecasting and planning for accounts
Monitor customer satisfaction in the area and take prompt and effective action to deal
with problems or complaints.
Propose and agree budgets for the team and control costs within the budgets.
Provide regular training, advice and guidance to team members as necessary to
develop their skills and abilities. Carry our regular performance and development
reviews. Communicate regularly with the team and respond to feedback.
Manage team workloads and absence. Motivate, advise and support the General Sales Force in their dealings with clients.
To identify, develop and share standards of best practice across the General Sales
Force. To introduce new systems and procedures where required.
Ensure the team completes efficient, timely and accurate records together with
documentation of all sales and business development activity in order to facilitate
effective performance management and feedback.
Some of the key responsibilities for the role:
•Develop positive and productive relationships, negotiating range, pricing and promotions to optimise sales and profitability
•Implement the channel sales strategy within the account portfolio
•Management of the range, volumes and profit across account portfolio maximising the commercial opportunities
•Creating joint business plans to ensure retention and organic growth
•Working closely with buyers to maximise opportunities for success by understanding their strategies and objectives
•Implementing annual sales and account management plans based on financial management and knowledge of customer needs, wine ranges and market trends
- Minimum 5-10 years’ Consumer Products sales experience
- Minimum 3 years previous management experience
- Strong track record of sales goal attainment
- Outstanding organization, analytical, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and management skills
- An outgoing customer oriented person.
- Able to establish a rapport with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to spot and exploit sale opportunities, develop plans and set aims within the company's expectations.
- Self motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Present an excellent image
Education & Qualification:
· Minimum 5-10 years’ Consumer Products sales experience
· Outgoing personality
· Training will be provided
· Strong communication and negotiation skills with ability to foster lasting working relationships
· Determined and proactive personality with the ability to be flexible in your working approach
· Man-management experience
- OTE €50,000+
- Company phone
- Company vehicle