As our client pursues their challenging ambition of continued growth, they need a COO capable of providing structure and processes allowing the business to pursue the next stage of development and scale.
Our client are an ambitious growth stage business with a mission to be the Digital Concierge for connected homes and small offices. Boasting the leading app and hardware product across their sector, our client are now pursuing the next stage of development and scale. The incoming COO should be 'law-literate' (ideally around subscription models) and have a strong financial background including some experience fund raising for a growing business.
What you’ll do
● Be in charge of all company operations, to include finance, legal, logistics, and HR
● Collaborate with our CEO on growth plans
● Own the company business plan, PNL and KPIs, ensure constant tracking, highlights patterns, deviations and problem areas, deploys the related action plans needed to achieve the targets
● Provide financial projections and analyses of existing programs
● Provide legal oversight on all contracts with suppliers and enterprise clients
● Strengthen the structure around each of the functions and link them efficiently and effectively with both product management, development, marketing, sales, business development.
● Maintain strong relationships with any third-parties (vendors, financial institutions, suppliers) to ensure smooth procurement and delivery of products and services
● Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development, to maximise work output and work quality
● Report regularly the CEO with completed on-budget and on-time projects and project outcomes
We’re looking for someone who has...
● A legal or finance related degree with minimum 7+ years’ experience in similar roles
● A deep understanding of the key metrics for digital, software and hardware businesses
● Has experience in the funding rounds of early stage start-ups
● Provides credibility to company proposition when pitching for funding
● Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment
● Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills
● Budget-focused mind-set
● Self-starter attitude and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
● An ability to succeed in a collaborative start-up environment
● Multi-year experience with high-tech products.
● Subscription based model
There is a comprehensive package on offer for the successful candidate. Please contact me for a confidential discussion.