Branch Operations Manager - Builders Providers – Location: Limerick
My client a leading supplier of quality Building Supplies and DIY Materials to the trade and public are recruiting for a Branch Operations Manager to join their thriving branch in Limerick City.
This is a full time, permanent position where you will be responsible for the day to day operational functions in a busy branch with significant capacity to grow.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the responsibilities of the Branch Operations Manager will include the following:
* Full day to day responsibility for branch operations
* People management including the management, coaching and development of the team based in the branch.
* Ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
* Ensuring that the branch maintains the highest standards of housekeeping in the warehouse, yard and shop.
* Ensuring that the shop is presented well from a merchandising perspective to ensure a very positive customer experience.
* Ensuring the branch transport system is ran efficiently and that the customer needs are met.
* Working closely with and supporting Senior Management and the Regional Sales team to help ensure that branch sales and margin growth targets are achieved.
* Building good working relationships with group purchasing, central distribution and with suppliers.
* Stock management at the branch including stock taking, cycle counting and reducing the levels of slow moving stock, as well as maintaining an efficient level of stock within targets. This will involve developing a strong working relationship with the group stock management team.
* Monitoring and maintaining an efficient level of branch operating costs, as well as leading cost saving initiatives.
* Ensuring all mandatory health and safety training is completed and that the branch is a safe place for both staff and customers.
* Working closely with group credit control to ensure that debtors days are minimised as well as ensuring that customers are trading within the approved credit arrangements.
* Working closely with the Group Marketing Manager to ensure that appropriate local marketing campaigns are ran.
* Co-ordinating the local administrative requirements of the branch and ensuring that company policies are adhered to in conjunction with Group Finance and HR.
* Attending group meetings and focus group sessions involving colleagues from across the branch network to share experiences and best practices in order to identify improvements.
* Work closely with Group IT to scope and deliver important projects from an IT and E-Commerce perspective.
* Network and maintain excellent relations with the local community to improve the presence of the branch and the company.
Experience and Qualification:
* At least 5 years operations management experience.
* Knowledge and experience of building materials and the construction sector would be advantageous but not essential
* Be a results driven person with a proven track record of success.
* Good leadership and people management skills and an ability to maintain a positive team spirit.
* Be confident and comfortable making decisions in the business on a day to day basis.
* An ability to work on their own initiative but also as part of a larger management team.
* Be computer literate and experienced in using IT systems.
My client will also consider applicants who don’t have the industry knowledge, if they have a strong operational back round.
Send CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for a confidential discussion about this opportunity