Retail Sales Manager: __________________________________________________________________
Deliverables: Criteria/Results by which success can be measured
· Maximise sales and profitability of each department by motivating teams and identifying opportunities for improvement – provide regular KPI report to Principal.
· Identify strengths and weaknesses of appearance, layout etc. of each department then make recommendations to improve by seeking support from marketing in a structured way.
· Share best practices between departments via regular reporting and effective comms.
· Develop great working relationships with each store team, HQ teams, and customers to identify opportunities to improve store and maximise sales.
· Identify and implement ways to deliver Best In Class customer experience across the whole store.
· Build effective “Key Action” based business plan to ensure focussed and consistent target delivery at all levels.
· Ensure all guidelines (e.g. operations, merchandising and campaigns etc.) are implemented and provide feedback to Principal, National Retail Operations Manager and Head Office Marketing teams, following through all action points to completion.
· Ensure all campaigns are implemented on a plan/do/review basis.
· Provide hands on support and training for store teams to demonstrate service/sales best practice.
· Provide a structured approach to planning and delivering training and developing store teams.
· Maintain up to date training record for all store employees.
· Work with Head office Marketing teams to develop localised marketing support for store.
· Collaborate with marketing teams to develop monthly VM/POS training and improve guidelines.
·Other tasks as reasonably requested by your manager
Experience, Role Requirements & Technical Knowledge: Any further key factors which have a bearing on a candidate’s ability to perform
· Previous retail experience, managing large teams, proven ability to deliver challenging KPIs.
· Confident and able to build great relationships with all store teams, trade and retail customers and head office colleagues.
· Able to travel to head office and customer sites as required.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and balance conflicting and often changing priorities.
· Entrepreneurial flair to drive local marketing and events.
· Able to work frequent weekends and evenings.
· Driving licence required
· Experience in Hardware/DIY would be an advantage
High Standards, Customer Driven, Great Communication Skills, Delivering Through people, Self Confidence & Courage To Make Decisions, Trust, Retail Aptitude & Flair, Flexibility and Resilience
Health and Safety:
· Must adhere to Company H&S policies at all time.
· Responsible for ensuring store safe and free from hazards and promoting safe working practices in store.
· Adopts a “don’t walk by” attitude to health and safety and standards generally.