As the Area Operations Manager, you are responsible for the development of sales across all stores, ensuring exceptional standards, staff motivation, and quality and customer service. You recruit, monitor performance and develop your team while adhering to the law and Company principles and procedures. You support your team in the achievement of each areas cost targets. You are the link between the stores and all other areas of the business. You are responsible for the planning, communication, implementation and review of any changes of an operational or procedural nature.
You are the Line Manager for Managers, Assistant Managers and front line staff.
Responsibilities and Tasks
* Develop sales through ensuring exceptional standards, adherence to sales guidelines, timely communication and implementation of all new procedures, current site layout and sales initiatives.
* Develop sales through the proposal of potential sales opportunities for discussion with Senior Management and monitoring all competitor activity in the vicinity.
* Control waste through monitoring orders, discounts and the accurate recording of waste, auditing stock, reviewing the decisions taken by Regional Supply Chain in respect of your sites.
* Maintain the correct staffing levels in your area by continuously reviewing contract levels and management needs. Plan and schedule recruitment where required in conjunction with Senior Management. STORES MUST BE SELF SUFFICIENT
* Recruit the best possible candidates for positions, execute the appropriate documentation and provide detailed induction in line with company procedures. Participate in the recruitment and selection of Assistant Managers up to and including induction.
* Train staff through planning, monitoring and evaluating on the job training, organising off the job training for all staff and liaising with the Training Manager on training needs.
* Ensure that all members of your team are aware of Company Principles with particular focus on the provision of excellent customer service.
* Manage in accordance with Management Principles with particular focus on management through coaching, mentoring and the provision of detailed constructive feedback.
* Ensure that HR practices are followed with specific reference to the Company Principles and Code of Conduct; adherence to employment legislation; addressing all employee's concerns as a matter of urgency; absence management and liaising with HR on employee related issues.
* Complete appraisals at determined intervals for all relevant staff members.
* Identify candidates for further development in the business generally and advise Senior Management for the purposes of joint review where required.
* Ensure that agreed targets are met through proper and structured planning with managers, monitoring that efficient work practices are being followed and using the reporting tools to monitor and control outcomes.
* Ensure that your workplaces are a safe place to work and comply with all Health & Safety requirements.
* Liaise with Senior Management and their respective departments to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the business.
* Monitor and control operational costs across all areas in line with agreed targets. In particular, support the minimisation of inventory loss through maintaining high awareness levels amongst management and staff; controlling the accuracy of stock movement in and out of the business, ensuring the consistent use of all available control measures and coordinating the inventory count process.
* Audit the implementation of Cash Management Procedures and investigate all cash discrepancies fully.
* Monitor the condition of buildings, common areas, landscaping, parking areas, roadways, pedestrian areas, fixtures, fittings, signage and equipment to ensure that they are functionally sound and present a professional image to our customers. Report issues in line with company procedures.
* Ensure that all legislative requirements are met and escalate any identified risks appropriately.
* Senior management experience within a top 5 store
* Target orientated with a passion for people management
* Full clean driving licence
* Fully flexible with the ability to stay away from home at times
* Accountability for all operational aspects of retail
* Ability to bring new initiatives to fruition
* High commercial acumen
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.