ABOUT KEPAK FOODSERVICE:
Kepak Group are an Irish-based food company serving international markets, restaurants and household foodservice names with prime cuts of meat, on-trend foodservice solutions and ready-for-market convenience foods. Kepak Foodservice is part of Kepak Group. Over the last decade has developed a comprehensive range of premium food products, concept solutions and value-added services for our valued customers.
As a priority within our business we form good open working relationships with our customers, demonstrating profit-making opportunities that we can both invest in. As part of our consultative sales approach, we offer full business and marketing support to our fully committed customers, gained from over 30 years’ experience in the food industry.
This is not a ‘Sales Rep’ Role. The principle aim of a Business Development Executive is the same as that of a Sales Rep: To Maximize Sales……however, the necessary skills that are employed to achieve this goal are very different. Kepak Foodservice operate on a Consultative Sales and Business Development model basis.
A Consultative Sales Model is based on the appreciation that our customers’ needs come first.
The Business Development Executive must work with our customers to truly understand their needs and put forward valid and viable solutions. This will involve developing strong relationships with key End-Users and working closely with the relevant Distributor partners.
An important aspect of this role will be maximising the sales opportunity within the territory in line with Kepak strategic pillars, delivering tangible results and developing this business into a long-term sustainable model.
This will require both an entrepreneurial and a structured approach in conjunction with the local Distributor partners. The Business Development Executive will need to be able to prioritise their time in an effective & efficient manner, in order to achieve the growth targets and maximise the return on investment for the business.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To achieve designated business targets & KPIs within your region.
· Create positive and successful working relationships with customers and distributors.
· Identify how we can meet our customers’ needs effectively, and ensure that these solutions are working as intended
· Help to educate the customer on the most up to date business and food trends
· Facilitate customer visits to our state of the art Centre of Excellence Facilities – for product demonstrations, marketing insights etc…
· Research and identify new market opportunities
· Develop & maintain knowledge of all product and service offerings of the company
· To utilize the distributor sales team to ensure all opportunities are maximized
· To develop and successfully implement joint business plans for End-Users and Distributors.
· To achieve customer recruitment/engagement targets relating to the Kepak loyalty programme (Food Alliance) for your area.
· To utilize all analytical tools, menu systems and marketing support in order to support the business objectives
· To ensure all end users requests are dealt with in an efficient manner e.g. promotional support, sales orders
· To gather relevant sales information and feed it back via CRM, or other means as appropriate
· To demonstrate (cook up) all products to end users demonstrating features and benefits.
· To work closely with the Foodservice team to ensure all planned marketing and NPD activities are executed to the highest standard.
· To gather and feedback relevant market information and insights to the business.
· Complete all administration as required including Journey plans, Daily Sales Reports, Record Prospect lists, etc.
· To work closely with the internal Kepak stakeholders to ensure all business development initiatives are executed to the highest standard.
- A passionate and committed individual with a strong drive for results.
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- 5 years Field Sales or Business Development Experience
- Experience within foodservice sector is desirable
- Full Clean Driving License
- Eligible to work in Ireland (without Restriction)
- Proficient in the use of Ms Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc.
- Proficient in the use of CRM system.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong Administration skills, planning and time management skills
- Strong ability to create and maintain positive business relationships
- Service Driven
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Incumbent must have sufficient space to store a chest freezer in their place of residence (in order that he/she has sufficient access to product samples as necessary).
FULL TIME - PERMANENT CONTRACT
Negotiable, depending on experience.
Competitive performance-related Bonus structure
6 month probationary period
To find out more, please visit our Websites:
Kepak is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Note: As with all positions, due to the nature of the business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.