Retail Sales Exec
Our client is one of Ireland’s most prestigious bathroom, tiling and flooring specialists. As part of an experienced retail sales team the primary role is to deliver agreed sales targets and margins, working as a team player within a professional environment assisting and supporting the day to day sales and delivery of excellence in customer service.
Main tasks: Ranked by importance
1) Sales of ceramic, porcelain, natural stone tiles, bathrooms and wood flooring to the retail customer and the commercial /trade sector.
2) Delivery of excellence in customer service through agreed KPI’s and metrics.
3) Proactively contribute to the sales and margin development of the overall showroom team performance.
4) Assist in the maintenance of agreed showroom displays, showroom quality and appearance levels.
5) Assist in carrying out the company’s policies and procedures in relation to Health, Welfare & Safety, HR, standard operating procedures, stock control, cash control and security.
Reporting to: Retail Showroom Manager
Scope of the role:
This is a key role within the business. Achievement of agreed sales targets and customer service delivery targets will be critical to ongoing success. The role will also involve close and regular communication with the showroom team with high levels of self-motivation combined with good team playing characteristics. The showroom environment is constantly adapting to customer and market needs and the need for flexibility will be important.
In line with the retail environment the company operates a 7 day trading cycle and all members of the team will be required to work through this cycle on rotation.
Good interpersonal skills. Problem solving and resolution skills linked with the ability to handle issues using a balance of initiative and use of systems and showroom management support. Full drivers licence. Good literacy and writing skills along with a competent level of IT, experience with a computerised sales, stock and quotation system along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar packages.
Knowledge and understanding of a professional retail environment with a focus on design is ideal but not mandatory. Professional selling skills are essential. Knowledge of the ceramic tile, bathroom, natural stone and hardwood flooring industry would be positive, however it is not essential as a comprehensive training programme will be provided.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a professional retail related environment with exposure to complex and involved sales processes where significant pro-active interaction with customers is required.
Enthusiastic personality along with a proactive attitude to customers and customer service. A genuine desire to help support a positive team environment coupled with high levels of self-motivation.
Competitive basic salary (circa €35k-€45k on basic but totally dependent on experience) with a performance based bonus package.