Our client, a Mechanical Engineering company, is seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join their team.
* Safety Audit ofconstruction sites and workshop.
* Implement and improve H&S policies.
* Ensure all employee and sub-contractors training is relevant and up-to-date.
* Work with Contracts Director and Site Supervisors to improve and streamline site safety procedures. (Smarter ways of doing things, technology, apps, etc.)
* Over see the recruitment and management of project safety officers as required.
* Basic H&S training, manual handling, abrasive wheel and working-at-height.
* Updating of the company’s safety statement regularly.
* Monitor and audit subcontractors
* Monitor daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
* Manage the certification of lifting gear and other plant.
* Accident and incident reporting and investigation.
* PSCS and PSDP function when required.
* Keep up to date with safety legislation.
* H&S meetings and reporting to management.
* Migration from SafeT Cert to ISO safety qualification.
* Combine ISO environmental qualification with above.
* Relevant health and safety qualification
* Minimum 5 years relevant experience
* Clear ability to use various packages such as Microsoft project, excel, word, etc.
* Proven track record in H&S management on mechanical construction sites.
* Proven track record in providing H&S support to projects.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Able to work on own initiative
If you are interested in this role and hold suitable experience please contact Jennifer on 0567775550 and apply through the link provided.