Our Client, a pharmaceutical manufacturing company, are looking to recruit a Sales Account Manager who will manage a portfolio of existing Pharmacy Accounts, promoting the full product range to ensure sales targets are achieved and business developed with each customer. The successful candidate will work closely with a Field Sales Representative and Junior Account Manager to maximise sales across full customer base.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Manage up to 500 existing independent pharmacy customers.
· Maintain the strong relationship between our client and their customers.
· Aim to spend 50% of time on the phone making outbound sales calls to accounts, 50% of time analysing customer sales and identifying opportunity for growth. Customers must be contacted once per month.
· Track sales account targets aligned with company objectives.
· Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth.
· Gain as much feedback as possible from customers regarding competitor pricing and offers, understand why customers do not order and feedback this information to the Sales Manager.
· Maintain CRM database with latest call data and customer feedback.
· Support the Field Sales Representative who visits our customers highlighting underperforming/dormant accounts where a Representative call could make a difference.
· Go on the road with Field Sales Representative to meet customers face to face.
· Work on own initiative, allocating working time and prioritising calls in proportion to the existing or potential sales revenue. Plan sales calls accordingly, placing focus on the start of the month when price lists are issued and monthly promotions.
· Attend and contribute to departmental sales meetings to drive business where opportunities are identified.
· Proven track sales record with minimum of 4 years' experience in an Account Manager or Account Executive role.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Good analytical skills.
· Good working knowledge of MS Office (excel in particular).
· Use of SAGE or other stock management system a bonus.
· Needs to be able to work on own initiative.
· Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills.