Sales Account Manager
The role requires an experienced telesales person with great phone manner and good commercial acumen who is highly motivated to make a difference and grow our AV and IT business.
This role is primarily focused on telesales to existing accounts but with a strong emphasis on new business development. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to also progress in to account management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent telephone manner and exceptional communication skills are essential.
- A good grasp of AV and IT products.
- The ability to quickly decipher a customer’s requirements.
- Track record of up-selling and selling add-on products.
- Proven record of success in direct sales, including a demonstrated ability to generate and qualify leads independently.
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve sales targets.
- Ability to converse with people from store salesperson to business owner level.
- A natural positive attitude towards providing excellent quality service.
- Ability to build effective long-term relationships.
- Strong demonstrated ability to ‘close’ a sale.
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Win new business by generating new leads and business relationships, prospecting & proactive enquiry generation in addition to managing existing accounts.
- Gain better product ranging through building strong business relationships.
- Maintain regular calls to customer base.
- Meet and/or exceed individual and team sales targets.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers and parties throughout the sales process.
- Develop appropriate relationships with customers and find new and innovative ways to continually enhance the customers preference to buy from the us rather than from any other source.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate means to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Strong numerical skills, understanding margins and costs, profits etc.
- Have a history of achieving targets.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office. PowerPoint, Excel.
- Good working knowledge of Salesforce/ Saleslogix / Sage CRM or similar.