Senior Business Development Manager – IT Services
Viatel, is the largest Irish-owned provider of advanced voice, data connectivity, data centre, hybrid cloud solutions and managed services. We are the partner of choice for local and global connectivity projects, with 100% network reach across Ireland, which enables Viatel to connect Ireland to the world.
Following a number of major wins, Viatel are expanding their business and, as part of this ongoing investment, we are looking to hire ambitious experienced IT services sales professionals to join the established sales team in Dublin. If you’re a high calibre sales professional from an IT services background, this is an exceptional opportunity to drive the ongoing success of a well-established business.
The role requires a strategic sales approach, bringing together multiple stakeholders and a focussed, disciplined approach. The successful candidate will be comfortable engaging at board level to position Viatel as an IT services partner able to transform the prospective client’s business.
The role is new business development in the first instance and a strong “hunting” aptitude is required. Candidates should be self-starters that are willing and able to think on their feet and have the drive to succeed.
What You Will Do
· Promoting and selling the full capabilities of Transformational Infrastructure Solutions, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services offered by Viatel in the Republic of Ireland marketplace.
· Personally develop relationships with senior stakeholders in clients, partners and their Viatel colleagues to build short, medium and long term business opportunities in public or private sector accounts.
· Develop and maintain close working relationships with the executive level decision-makers in customers and develop well-grounded account plans to maximise growth.
· Build and manage a well-qualified opportunity pipeline which is correctly reflected on Viatel’s CRM system, in order to deliver accurate sales forecasting.
· Meet agreed Sales, Revenue and Gross Margin targets.
· Leverage Viatel’s sales governance and opportunity qualification processes to establish compelling, competitive customer proposals.
· Identify market needs and trends and establish yourself as a key enabler for your customers as their conduit to Viatel’s expertise in transformational IT change and best-in-class industry expertise
· A likely minimum of 10+ years’ proven senior sales experience in IT services
· Demonstrable ability to be a key influencer at senior level
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain client (C level decision maker) relationships
· Good level of IT awareness and understanding
· Strong Commercial aptitude with experience and ability to negotiate complex deals successfully
· Ability to understand and articulate customer issues and requirements and match those needs to the design and provision of a compelling IT services proposition
· A pro-active “go-getter” with experience of working independently as a self-starter
· Excellent presentation and writing skills
· Computer literate preferably with good experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
· Excellent communicator at all business levels
· Energetic, resourceful, persistent, determined and resilient
· Target driven and motivated to win
· Experience and knowledge of key industry and IT impacting factors in one or more vertical markets would be an advantage
What’s in it for you?
A high potential commission structure that rewards over-achievement. The support and capabilities of a well-established company.
At Viatel, we are passionate about our people and offer excellent career prospects in a dynamic business environment. We offer fantastic benefit packages and the chance to work with a leading connectivity and ICT service provider. We focus on looking after our people, so they will maintain the excellent service we offer to our customer.
- Attractive Salary + Commission
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Car Parking
- Social Club
Location: Dublin 15
Excellent salary and rewards package based on experience.
Must have a full driving licence
To apply: Please email CV to email@example.com