Donnelly - Job Specification for Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
BCS Sales Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. If you have experience or you feel you have the appropriate skills / competencies for this role, we can offer challenge and reward in equal measure.
Job Description: The Maintenance technician will assume a strategic and operational role in the overall maintenance of the building. Ensure process capability so that the factory meets its output commitments. Implement checks and balances to prevent any problems arising in the first place.
- Ownership of the Maintenance function
- Responsibility for the Maintenance Budget and Driving Cost savings
- Diligence with Health and Safety and the recording of all documentation
- Repair machinery and survey buildings to ensure they are in working order and comply with Health and Safety standards
- Work closely with the production team
- Inspect, operate and test machinery to diagnose malfunctions.
- Conduct repairs on refrigeration and other systems where necessary
- Perform manual repairs and general upkeep
- Resolve any breakdowns with production machinery
- Plan all maintenance and preventative maintenance activities
- Weekly management report
- Perform general cleaning of building and machines
Reporting to: Operations Manager
The ideal candidate must be willing to go the extra mile, be available to provide cover out of office hours if required. We are looking for someone with the ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions, flexible and have the ability to manage change.
Skills and Competencies:
· Electrical Technician
· Knowledge of food processing machinery, refrigerators , previous experience working in the food industry not essential but would be an advantage
· Health and safety qualification
· Problem solving skills
· Managing and working within a budget
· Ability to self- motivate and be ambitious
· Salary is DOE