Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is the leading global online payment service built for the digital age. We now have over 197 million active customers around the world and handle almost a fifth of the world’s online payments. And we’re delivering the future of money - today. You can use PayPal anytime, anywhere, any way. PayPal continues to drive connected commerce across all channels - online, mobile and in-store. Last year, we handled nearly $102 billion in mobile payments alone. Constantly innovating, creating experiences our customers love.
We are looking for talented professionals for the position of Account Manager, supporting the Italian Market from our European Operational Headquarters in Dublin.
The Italian Account Manager is the primary point of contact for all operational aspects of merchant processing relationships and is the main source of PayPal product information and communication on critical operational issues for up to 150 SMB (Small to Medium Business) merchants. They identify opportunities for proactive discussions with merchants regarding their business, growth strategies, and recommendations as to how PayPal may assist in meeting overall profitability objectives.
Bring your enthusiasm for solving customer challenges to a team that cares deeply about consumer satisfaction. This isn’t a job where you just read a script – you are empowered to resolve our customer’s questions by using creativity and skill to provide compassionate, practical solutions. You’re unflappable and consistently good at turning today’s problems into tomorrow’s solutions.
- Specific targets for increasing PayPal’s share of total payment volume with the client either through recommended changes to the existing PayPal account or cross-selling PayPal as a payment and processing alternative for additional business silos owned or controlled by the merchant
- Work with merchants to expand or include the products and feature sets that are most applicable to their business model, industry, selling behaviors, and particular situation, as well as other elements of relationship management
- Work directly with merchants on the phone or via email to address and resolve merchant questions, concerns and issues
- Work with other departments to address and resolve merchant questions, concerns and issues
- Research and problem-solve in order to resolve merchant questions, concerns and issues
- Continually learn new industry and product related information
Fluent Italian and English are required for this role.
- Excellent customer relationship, organisational, communication ( written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Sales process knowledge
- Self-motivated, target driven and independant worker
- Open, honest and direct communicator
- 2+ years' call centre or financial experience
- 2+ years' of sales or business development experience in one or more of the following areas; an internet company, financial institution, payments processor, or telemarketing firm
- Strong working knowledge of external systems and PC based internet and software applications ( internet and Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.