About the Role
Applegreen Plc Retail Dealer Business is seeking to recruit an ambitious, dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of “Business Development Manager” to drive the growth objectives of the Dealer Business in Connaught and achieve budgeted sales and profit targets as set out by the Head of Dealer Business, within the allocated geographic region “Connaught”.
Key areas of responsibility:
· You will drive sales and reach agreed margins as outlined in the annual dealer business plan.
· You will identify and pursue new opportunities in line with the Applegreen business plan.
· You will see that all relevant market data is correctly gathered, documented and communicated.
· You will make recommendations for improving dealer offers.
· Improving on current relationships with all existing dealers in your region.
· Developing a strong market position for the Applegreen brand in all micro markets
· Working with dealers to ensure that they uphold obligations in relation to purchasing and brand.
· Implementing Applegreen’s credit management policies.
3. Customer Focus
· Taking overall responsibility for dealer satisfaction.
· Monitoring levels of satisfaction among dealers and sharing the relevant information.
· Conducting site analysis to provide dealers with information on how they can improve their business performance i.e. via fuel, car wash, shop and so on.
4. Business Control
· Responding to any situations that occur on site and report findings to the Head of Dealer Business.
· Working with all other departments (e.g. Finance, Marketing) to ensure smooth and efficient operations
· Representing Applegreen in formal situations and liaisons with internal and external parties.
· Ensure that the terms of contractual agreements with Dealers are adhered to.
5. Health, Safety and Environment
· You will commit to working in a safe manner at all times, strictly sticking to policies set out by the Company
· You will ensure that dealers uphold their contractual obligation in relation to health and safety standards.
6. Strategy & Business Planning
· You will complete the annual dealer area plan for your assigned region.
· You will produce business models for your portfolio.
· Undertaking any additional projects assigned by your manager.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with all stations, managers and owners
· Facilitating decision making with the relevant business areas surrounding issues that may affect retail.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
· A graduate education within a general business and/or retail.
· A strong record in sales driving, achieving new business targets in a competitive environment.
· Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
· A network of contacts and relationships with the dealer and forecourt sector.
· Proven commercial acumen.
· Excellent IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Clean full Driver’s License
Additional skills and Behaviours Required
§ Customer Focus.
§ Strong understanding of the needs of the customer.
§ The drive to exceed expectations.
§ Positive, Can-do attitude.
§ Results focused.
§ High interest in relevant business issues.
§ Commercial awareness within the fuel dealership industry.
§ Entrepreneurial spirit.
§ High levels of personal and professional standards.
§ Consistent behavior.
§ Commitment to company values.