Perm Full-time position
My clients is currently looking to recruit an experienced Category Manager within the services sector.
This role reports to the Managing Director
The purpose of the role is to deliver profitable Growth in Sales & Margin in a defined Category and to analyze buying activities currently involved in purchasing of products in each category and present findings to Managing Director.
Ensuring consistent results are achieved in KPI targets, determining ‘current market selling price’ for each product within category. To establish Trade Agreements with the Preferred Suppliers within the Category.
Responsibilities & Duties
Supplier / Product Range Review
- Review supplier range to ensure in line with market and customer requirement.
- Identify Core Suppliers and Products.
- Sourcing, selection, benchmarking of products and suppliers.
- Manage new product introduction process including code creation, specification etc.
- Growth of Exclusive Brands in each category.
Product Promotion / Category Leaders
- Product selection for marketing & catalogue processes and ensure products within specific categories achieve maximum exposure to sales and customers.
- Be the expert within the product category regarding products/suppliers/pricing to support tender process
- Maximise the overall margin gained for your agreed section through supplier negotiation, supplier movement/rationalisation and increasing the value of product to facilitate the winning of new business
- Identification of product switching opportunities
- Identify and deliver cost savings on purchasing new / replacement products.
- Ensure cost prices are correct & maintained on the ERP system
Cost price management
- Liaising with suppliers and Commercial Manager to minimise and manage product price increases, ensuring that the performance of the suppliers is maintained at the agreed level
- Cost Reduction/Improvement and Management to ensure all correct on system.
Tenders and Enquiries
- Working with tenders co-ordinator/ Commercial team taking responsibility for product coding and product selection for live tenders
- Providing net pricing/landed cost and spec sheets to tender co-ordinator
- Involvement in negotiations with major suppliers on pricing for tendered products
To apply for the position, send a detailed CV to Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before Friday the 19th of Jan. All applications will be acknowledged by email.
Queries in relation to the role or the application process should be directed to Lorraine.email@example.com on 01-6146052.