Field Sales Manager FMCG
Crossell are one of Ireland's leading field marketing agencies, working with leading household brands across a variety of retail channels, including Dunnes Stores, Tesco and Supervalu. Due to on-going growth and new projects, we now require a suitably qualified Field Sales Manager to lead a team.
This is a great opportunity for a Field Sales Manager who is seeking a new challenge. Leading a team of Business Developers representing our client, who has a portfolio of FMCG brands.
Whilst this is a national role, the ideal candidate will be located in the Leinster area. The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing sales people selling across multichannels, including Multiples, Musgrave and BWG along with leading independent stores. Experience in setting and monitoring KPIs, and aligning these with business goals is required along with demonstration of a clear understanding of what is takes to be a best in class field sales manager.
- Achieving specified call coverage and Business Developer’s objectives within the area
- Developing and maintaining the quality of the area call universe through pioneering activity and on-going reviews of Business Developers’ outlet coverage.
- Developing and maintaining satisfactory performance standards in the team through ongoing field training, communication, motivation and periodic evaluation.
- Planning and conducting group training programmes for Business Developers on the basis of identified needs.
- Making field audits against reported performance by the team.
- Reporting in respect of team performance, competitor activity, trade trends, etc.
- Liaising with specified customer personnel on day to day on operational matters, including Category management, Listings, Promotional activity and sales management issues
- Participation in client’s meetings.
- Liaise with store staff in conjunction with office staff on the implementation of scheduled promotions / planograms.
- Planning and conducting team meetings.
· 2-3 years sales management and field team management experience within the FMCG/Grocery industry
· Strong management skills, a proven motivator
· Previous customer facing experience
· Sales focused with ability to drive sales with experience in coaching and mentoring a field sales team
· Effective time manager with ability to prioritize/multi-task
· Results driven with exceptional organisational skills