The Ideal Candidate Should Possess the following attributes:
- Ideally an engineering/business background including but not limited to a 3rd level degree depending on proven skills.
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience in sales role within the Renewable Energy/Cleantech/Plumbing/Heating and/or general construction sectors.
- Be able to clearly demonstrate their sales development acumen and work to specific targets and timelines within a busy environment. Efficiently grow the business.
- Have excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Be very computer literate
- Be highly motivated, self-starter and customer focused. You will have responsibility for targeting and meeting potential customers. Willing to work on own initiative and also as part of sales team.
- Flexible in terms of travel. The job entails daily travel throughout the country and will require international travel and the ability to deal with large to small companies and from CEO to merchant shop assistants.
- Be able to talk to architects, consultants, specifiers, distributors, merchants, plumbers, electricians and end-users on a technical sales basis.
- Proactively develop new business relationships
- Flexible and willing to do work outside of spec to assist from time to time
- This is not a 9-5 job
- Company Van -
- Full Clean Drivers License
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite - in particular MS Excel skills highly valued. For reporting, dashboards, data manipulation etc. Knowledge of pivot tables an advantage.
- Autocad or other modelling experience
Reporting to the Managing Director and General Manager, the sales, marketing and business development manager is responsible for directing the sales activities, defining customer strategy and provides insight into defining product strategy to meet future customer needs.
This includes maintaining key client relationships and building and managing a team of sales staff.
· Drives relentlessly for new business wins
· Build out sales and marketing strategy for new and existing products
· Negotiate prices with customers whilst meeting agreed sales and margin targets
· Represent the business unit to our customers in a highly professional and ethical manner promoting product leadership in component and systems technology.
· Monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments and funnels relevant information to the appropriate team members for consolidation in our market sensing process.
· Develops and deploys comprehensive customer and pricing strategies that improve the profitability and growth of the business unit and are market driven.
· Articulates a clear understanding of our market share, competitive position, and profitability globally for our range of products.
· Develops and deploys the customer interface strategy (points of contact, frequency) and builds strong rapport with key decision makers, developing coaches and sponsors at our key accounts.
· Takes ownership of total customer satisfaction, providing coordination on customer issues, monitoring our performance on key supplier metrics and pursuing corrective action plans as appropriate.
· Responsible for thorough development plans, training, coaching and supervision of subordinates and local unit team members.
· Maintain close liaison with sales performance and recommend appropriate advertising, publications, product training, and/or merchandising programs to aid in the attainment of sales objectives, while keeping pace with current policies and programs and evaluating the effectiveness of these programs.
· Oversee the preparation and distribution of informational material to media reps.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with distributors and customers.
· Manages and participates in the development and scheduling of special projects such as trade shows, public relations events, contests, promotions, etc.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management that are within your capability to perform.
Please note that the above list is not intended to capture every detail of your role but the main areas of responsibility.
Competitive salary depending on skill and track record.
Very generous commission structure - New products in development to add significantly to this level.
Great opportunity for progression
Comfortable work environment and great colleagues
Great accessible South Dublin location near M50 for easy travel/commute