Account & Business Development Manager
Purpose of the Role:
To procure product at the best price for the category (horticulture) and to sell a product to retailers at the best price to maximize profit. Manage the product through it life cycle ensuring quality is maintained. Maintain and market our web business as required.
- Ensure to secure best daily/weekly prices from suppliers for all products purchased
- Ensure products meet and exceed target margins through strong buying.
- Strong daily planning using our planning system
- Ensure correct raw product arrival to meet our production requirements.
- Confirmation of customer range preference for events
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely arrival of all seasonal and standard packaging and product.
- Communication and booking of product in advance of key seasonal events.
Key Account Management:
- Operate as a key account manager for key customers.
- Agrees pricing on products and all packaging requirements.
- Prepare promotional pricing – forecast sales, compare actual and forecasts.
- Agree and sign off all seasonal ranges and promotions
- Delivering commercial business objectives through increased range, distribution and promotion of the Horticultural Category in order to deliver profitable volume growth.
- Managing and developing the relationships with Key Multiple and Group Accounts to drive and grow the Horticultural Category’s volume and achieve agreed sales targets.
- Managing the translation of agreed category objectives into account plans and activities, communicating and implementing plans and managing day to day issues as they arise.
- Negotiating and implementing Long Term Agreements (LTA’s) with Key Accounts in conjunction with the business unit director.
- Reviewing commercial trading and product performance with customers on a regular basis and documenting all outcomes and actions.
- As part of the Commercial team, to deliver added value expertise on the Grocery channels
- Order stock daily
- Undertakes warehouse walkaround daily to check quality, quantity, reasons for rejection, shelf life.
- Reviews shelf life daily prioritise what is for sale, compare actual against forecast, review daily profitability.
- Promotional planning
- Raise purchase orders, invoice queries.
- Agree pricing for buying and selling.
- Review additional costs e.g. production, transport.
- Investigate any discrepancies.
- Liaise with growers/suppliers daily on queries/accounts.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of FMCG food environment
- Financial acumen.
- Excellent IT skills particularly excel.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- The ideal candidate will have worked as a NAM/buyer in the food sector with knowledge of the Horticultural category.
Please answer the following questions in your cover note in support of your application:
- How many years of Business Development experience do you have?
- How many years of FMCG experience do you have?
- How many years of Fresh produce experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelors Degree?
- Are you in Dublin?
- Do you have the following license or certification: B category license?