My client is currently recruiting for a Quailty Manager for this busy construction company
QMS (Quality Management System)
* Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to keep the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) in compliance with ISO quality system requirements – this includes regular internal audits.
* Report to company management and general staff on the performance of the QMS and of the any need for any improvements.
* Liaise with the external assessment body on all matters related to the accreditation process.
* Ensure that the performance of the QMS is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review means assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the QMS.
* Ensure that Quality Objectives are set with senior management for measuring the performance of the QMS and that these are regularly reviewed.
Excellence in Product Quality
* Ensure that all suppliers used by the organization are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
* Work with external providers on the resolution of all quality related issues.
* Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
* Effectively interact with Production and other teams and individuals to ensure the production of quality products.
* Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization, ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements.
* Carry out required quality audits (to include housekeeping and safety standards) and carry out random quality control through all the process. – Liaise with Production Manager and trend / report all audit / sampling results.
* Ensure that all new staff is inducted into the requirements of the QMS relating to their role and responsibilities. Provide update training as required and when necessary.
* Identify re-training needs and work with the Production Manager to ensure that planned training is carried out.
* Ensure that all required Quality reports are generated and communicated.
* Ensure that non-conformance and corrective / preventative action plans are clearly reported with effective target completion dates and follow up.
Overall Quality Improvement
* Lead a culture of continuous quality improvement throughout the organisation through the use of result trends / cost of quality calculations and identification of quality improvement projects.
* Communicate the overall company quality requirements throughout the organisation.
Quality Assurance and Customer Service
* Ensure that all customer queries / issues are dealt with in a professional and speedy manner.
* Ensure that effective corrective and preventative actions are agreed and implemented in full.
* Ensure that periodic but regular assessments of customer satisfaction are carried out and that consequent improvements are identified and implemented.
* From time-to-time, as part of your role within our team, you may be required to take on other tasks not specifically mentioned above.
* This company operate a dynamic, flexible and customer focused business, and for this, all resources are required to operate in this way.
* Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly and in accordance with standard procedures.
* Through and excellent working knowledge of ISO EN 19001 and continuing development of them in all relevant sites and audit compliance
* Develop, regularly review and update all Risk Assessments and SOP’s for required job tasks throughout the Group
Professional Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a person of professional ethics, the highest integrity and will have;
* A recognized 3rd level professional Quality related qualification
* A background of managing and leading a team in a multi-site, manufacturing & site environment
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably with a background in civil engineering/construction rail and/or infrastructure