As part of our 5 year tourism strategy for County Wexford we have a full time position available for Destination and Marketing Officer for Visit Wexford.
Visit Wexford is a tourism industry and public sector initiative aimed at promoting Wexford County, and is supported by Failte Ireland, Wexford County Council, Wexford Local Development, local tourism groups and entities from the Wexford tourism sector.
The main purpose of this role is to develop County Wexford as a tourism destination. This includes the creation of marketing collateral and the delivery of the County Wexford Tourism Marketing Strategy. Furthermore this includes growth of the Visit Wexford brand, all recording and reporting requirements imposed by those providing funding to the Company, development of member networking events and development and implementation of marketing programmes, both domestic & overseas.
This is a 24 month contract position with 6 months probationary period
This role is based in Wexford Town.
Apply by email to email@example.com or post your application to Visit Wexford Job Application, CO/The Irish National Heritage Park, Ferrycarrig, County Wexford, Ireland.Y35 X313
Immediate start is required and competitive salary on offer: €35,000-€45,000
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Build relationships with the Tourism Industry, in particular to work closely and seek to foster and maintain relationships with key industry groups, partner organisations, local authorities and individuals in the region to ensure that everyone buys into the Visit Wexford brand. This will include Business to Consumer and Business to Business communication methods.
- Develop & manage all Visit Wexford marketing, advertising, promotional and publicity activities in conjunction with the Marketing & PR Consultant
- Design and implementation of collaborative marketing and product development initiatives within the county- in particular Wexford Trails and the Visit Wexford Pass
- Oversee the redesign of the Visit Wexford Visitor Website. Review regularly and update as required in conjunction with the Marketing & PR Consultant. Identify, record and curate other websites where Visit Wexford should be listed
- Identify potential opportunities for additional funding, both from private industry, governmental and non-governmental agencies and sources such as Tourism Ireland & Failte Ireland.
- Provide services to such sub-committees/working groups as may be decided by the Visit Wexford group
- Linking with Failte Ireland and the Ireland’s Ancient East programme and promotion of the initiative with the tourism industry
- In particular to arrange and ensure that adequate training is provided in association with training providers such as the LEO and other agencies to ensure that all stakeholders and businesses are offered training in key business development areas.
- Preparation of regular progress reports and budgets for the Visit Wexford steering group. Agree marketing budgets with the Financial Controller and the Board of Directors.
- Linking with Tourism Officers within the region to create brand awareness, building relationships, and collaborative initiatives within the region.
- Producing and commissioning tourist information, including art work, and writing press releases and copy for tourism guides/newsletters;
- Devising and planning press tours, and arranging itineraries;
- Providing funding and business advice and sending e-newsletters to local businesses;
- Any other matters as may be decided by the Board from time to time.
What are we looking for?
- 3 years + experience within a tourism marketing role is desirable but not essential.
- Full Clean drivers licence and own transport is required.
- Excellent IT skills are required, particularly in the area of web development and all social media platforms.
- Superior knowledge of digital marketing and social media
- Familiarity with Irelands Ancient East.
- Proven track record of developing marketing strategies.
- Experience with event organisation and management is a distinct advantage. Proven project management skills with the ability to multi- task to a high standard is essential.
- A creative and innovative mindset is required.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible in order to achieve targets and complete projects.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a self-starter and results driven.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and the ability to use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships and networks is essential for this role.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required as part of this role
- Experience with successful funding applications.
- Demonstration of interagency work to add value to the marketing strategy, for example, with County Councils, Failte Ireland, Local Enterprise Offices etc.