LISK Ireland began its operations in 1980 and is today the European design and manufacture centre for the New York based company. Founded in 1910; G.W. LISK originally manufactured pressed metal goods and in 1948 the company manufactured its first solenoids.
This role will combine Sales and Marketing skills and offers the successful candidate exposure to day to day sales and also to more strategic Sales & Marketing projects.
Responsibilities will include developing relationships with existing customers as well as identifying and developing new business. You will work closely with the technical team on new customer projects. We are looking for someone with a flexible approach to work and an eagerness to learn as the responsibilities and the tasks set will vary from project to project and from day to day. This is a really good opportunity to gain excellent experience for the right candidate.
· Technical training will be provided and the successful applicant must be willing to engage with and learn from Quality and Engineering teams and quickly acquire necessary competence and skills to engage confidently with customers.
· Develop relationships within existing customer accounts and new and potential customers to establish new sales leads.
· Generate new business by phone, customer visits, and events
· Prepare required sales documentation (e.g., trip reports, proposals/quotations)
· Document and report monthly/quarterly/annual sales performance KPIs
· Rigorously prioritize and follow up on all qualified sales leads and energetically prospect for new business opportunities.
· Work closely with potential customers at all levels to understand user’s requirements, and management business issues and goals
· Deal honestly and reasonably and maintain a pleasant working relationship with all staff and customers.
· Present appropriate technical and business propositions to potential customers.
· Communicate sales activities to sales colleagues and across departments.
· Collaborate closely with technical teams to maximise sales opportunities.
· Organize and plan own travel/meetings as required to meet customer expectations.
· Be flexible to react to meet the needs of the customers and business interests and carry out cross functional tasks as required.
· Leaving cert plus Sales and Marketing qualification or relevant professional work experience is required.
Background in engineering, science, or business discipline would be an advantage.
· Direct sales experience also an advantage.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Full clean driving licence.
· Willingness to travel as required.
Applicants, please apply via this website.
No agencies please.