The Key Account Manager has responsibility to lead, develop, manage and build the growth of the Bord Na Mona Solid Fuel and Horticulture range in nominated Key accounts from Hardware Groups, Co-Ops to Fuel Merchants. Driving the development and execution of a customer growth strategy, you will be responsible for delivering company volume and profitability through Key Account agreement at Head Office level to drive distribution, market share, availability and visibility of the Bord Na Mona Fuels and Horticulture range.
The ideal candidate will be experienced managing Key Accounts at Head office Level and implementing through the Field Sales Team.
Based from home; 1 day per week in newbridge Head Office – rest of week in Field throughout Ireland at Key Acs Head Offices
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reporting to the Commercial Manager the Key Account Manager will develop clear strategies and business plans by channel for each Key Account customer to maximise profitable business growth.
· Manage cost, pricing, discounts, trade spend and margin across assigned Key Accounts
· Development of Channel and Key Customer account Plans in Fuels and Horticulture
· Manage Pricing and Promotions strategies and models; as well as tenders
· Report on Monthly Performance Metrics utilising feedback from Trade on sell-out as well as industry and customer benchmark performance Vs Budget
· Implement process improvement that reduces cost to serve key customers and other ways of improving efficiencies and increasing customer satisfaction
· Develop Key relationships with influencers across the Key accounts to improve pull through of product into members and across trade.
· Lead and shape the channel strategy for the assigned Key accounts
· Accurately build forecast sales value and SKU mix for the full year
· Maintain accurate price lists and utilise value chains to indicate margin flow across chain
· Manage all administration related activities in a timely and efficient manner
· Hit all assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in the assigned Key accounts
· Monitor competitor activity and put in place mitigating actions
CORE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Experience in managing Key Accounts at Head Office Level with a minimum of 3 years’ ideally in Fuels and Horticulture and/or FMCG industry.
· A high achiever you have a passion for delivering results and relentlessly focus on Target achievement
· Ability to analyse, interpret and manage sales data. Being able to unlock the information and turn it into strategy and action to grow sales through the Key accounts.
· Strives for productivity, profitability and continued improvement and best practise from a Key account perspective
· Proven commercial skills; highly numerate with proven negotiation skills
· Highly Proficient IT and MS Office skills
· A proven track record of achieving budgets and targets.
· Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider teams, objectives.