Business Development Executive (Solid Fuels and Horticulture) –
5 Positions in Ireland
East / South East / South / West / Northern Ireland
Reporting to the Field Sales Manager, the Business Development Executive will help deliver the sales agenda within their assigned territory, identifying and growing opportunities for Bord Na Monas Solid Fuels and Horticulture range in existing and new customers.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in sales; be highly driven, passionate and motivated by the opportunity to grow sales and relentlessly target new opportunities.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· To develop and grow the Bord Na Mona Fuel and Horticulture range with customers by educating and upselling the entire range.
· Using an area business plan & journey plan; focus on visibility and availability of range at DIY, Merchant, Co-Op, Retail, Garden Centre etc. is maximised through display and Point of Sale Presence.
· Relentlessly identify and close opportunities to grow new business with customers by hitting Sales Quota at customer and territory level across the product range.
· Ensure margin and revenue targets at account level are achieved
· Take initiative across your territory by targeting new opportunities in your daily call file.
· Negotiate and agree pricing and promotional activity within customer and company guidelines.
· Build strong customer relationships in the Fuels and Horticulture industry in the assigned territory by demonstrating successful selling techniques, competence, integrity, dependability and an excellent understanding of the customers’ business.
· Provide accurate and timely reports of progress and developing issues and liaise with line manager.
· Monitor competitor activity and ensure customer volume loss is minimised
· Ensure Payment on time and in full across customer base through good debtor management.
· Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider teams, objectives.
CORE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Well-honed account management & selling skills with a minimum of 4 years’ experience ideally in Fuels and Horticulture / and or FMCG Industry
· Experienced communication, social, interpersonal and influencing skills and a quick ability to build trust and relationships.
· A proven track record of delivering targets, meeting and beating Sales Quotas and KPI’s
· Strong attention to detail, and an ability to create and implement impact at customer level to deliver results.
· Self-motivated and ambitious with highly effective influencing, negotiation, presentation, planning, time management and organization skills
· Excellent organisation skills and ability to set, plan for and surpass, goals, and targets with a sense of urgency.
· Strong commercial acumen and numeric capability
· Highly Proficient IT and MS Office skills
Candidates must reside in Territory assigned. Please state Territory you are applying for.